My heart is burdened for the people of Haiti, as I am sure most of yours are. We don't have a TV receiving any kind of signal (just hooked up for videos!) so my only source of news is from the
internet. But what I have seen and read from this small computer screen, weighs heavy on my
heart and makes me want to go and do and help in some small way. My heart has secretly been heavy for the orphans of Haiti for several years. My sister has a friend who works in an orphanage there and I have been in prayer over the past 3
ish years as to how God can use our family to show His love to the fatherless and motherless in Haiti. For now, I know that the best way we can help is to give money. I want to do so much more, but for now this is all I can do. If you don't personally know of a reputable organization to give to during this immediate crisis as well as for the long term, please visit
Danita's Children where you can learn more about this particular orphanage. They are currently preparing to take in many more orphans from the quake and need our help to care for them. You can follow
Karris on her blog for more personal updates
here.
"Defend the poor and fatherless; Do justice to the afflicted and needy.
Deliver the poor and needy; Free them from the hand of the wicked."
Psalm 82:3-4
No comments:
Post a Comment