Friday, March 11, 2011

short sabbatical


Well that was a long break! A break from blogging, I mean! But, we did manage to take a short trip to the beach which was mostly a work trip and not nearly enough time carved out for fun! We did spend about 5 hours out on the beach during our 3 night trip, and those were 5 glorious hours!! All in the world seems right when I sit and watch the peaceful rhythm of the waves and listen to the seagulls singing overhead. The kids are pleasant and kind to each other. No fighting or arguing can be heard. Ahh! The magic of the beach! But, all good things must come to an end and by the end of the trip, all the peace had disappeared and all the sibling "love" had returned! Maybe I need to get one of those wave noise machines to play in car and at home!

We made it home safe and sound with all kids in tact, but the weather that greeted us home was a miserable 37 degrees! Makes me long for another Florida trip real soon . . . but, at someone else's place so I don't have to work the whole time!!

















Poor Baby W is missing in the pics b/c I held him the whole time while we "crabbed". He wanted to get down with the big kids so badly, but I wasn't giving any more baths!

1 comment:

  1. MV and Carlie have gotten so TALL!!! :) Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete