Monday, May 9, 2011

Baby W turns 2!


Baby W turned 2 last week and all of the sudden I feel like he has grown a foot! He no longer looks like a baby, but a growing toddler with a love for adventure and all things messy! He loves to be outside playing with sticks and dirt and whatever else he sees his big brothers and sisters playing with. All within the past month, he has knocked down an iron leaving a melted iron print on the only carpeted room in the house, scribbled crayon all over 2 walls while he was supposed to be sleeping, spilt glue on said carpet for mom to find dried the next day, sent me on a 20 minute man hunt looking for him in the neighborhood, only to be found sleeping in his bed, and I'm sure there are more messes that I have yet to find!

I was super pleased that the kids, all on their own, decided to "re gift" presents for Baby W's birthday! I guess they have picked up on my tradition not buying gifts for the little ones, since we already have too many toys; but, instead, head out to the garage or attic or even the toy baskets to search for a toy that hasn't been played with in awhile! Like this foam puzzle, for example! Little E pulled it out of my Goodwill stash and decided it w0uld make a fine present for baby! While I hated to bring it back to life, I sure loved Little E's thoughtful heart! And I'm sure it will end up back in my give away stash before long! He also gave Baby a book of stickers from his cubby and $1.00 out of his money jar! LOVE to see generous hearts!!!

CR found these old tools somewhere and thought they would make a perfect gift!
Baby sure liked them!The girls decide to go the creative route and make things for the birthday boy. Hambone made this pretty card with glued beads (might this be where Baby W found his fun with the glue bottle??!!). After finding the beads all over the kitchen floor, I decided that this sweet, but very messy and slightly dangerous card had already lived the good life for the day. We will always cherish it's memory when we look at the picture!

MV made him a homemade toy with yarn, beads and a popsicle stick. Looks like a good weapon to me! And from mom and dad, well, I ransacked my gift box with toys and books that I have held onto for years, but have never given away. Looked like the perfect gift to me!





Happy Birthday, Baby W! We pray that God will use your heart for adventure to share the love of Christ in unique and fun ways! May you enjoy His creation and glory in His creativity for the rest of your life! We pray that you will seek hard after Christ and honor Him above all else! We love you, dearly, little man!


2 comments:

  1. So glad y'all had a good time - he DOES look really old in these pics. :( I got back home, only to realize I still had W's b-day present sitting on the floor of the front seat. :( I can't believe I forgot to give it to him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to W! My favorite part is the regifting...our friends and family tease us, because that's the way we've done it for years, too! Now the past few years the boys always go "shopping" in the attic for presents for the little ones, and it never fails that the favorite gifts are those very ones! I think it's just perfect!

    ReplyDelete