Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Summer has arrived!

***WARNING**** MANY VIDEOS TO FOLLOW*****
This is my favorite season and it is off to a fast start with baseball still in season, swim team starting up, long days swimming at the pool and fun weekends spent on the river! We are so busy, but this is just the way I like it! So much fun to be had in the sun!


Today was our first swim meet and I just have to say how incredibly proud I am of all my little swimmers! They have improved SO MUCH since starting for the first time that I just have to share their stats with you!! In reverse order this time . . .


1. Little E (4) - I decided to let him swim this year and have had to push him a little, but he is already off the kickboard and trying his hardest to swim like the big kids!! Here he is in his first ever swim meet with a freestyle time of 3:06






2. CR has blown me away with the time he has taken off in 1 year! Last year, he started on the kickboard and then swam a 1:16 for his first freestyle off the kickboard. His best time during the summer was 52.42 and he improved that to 43.30 when we swam in the fall. And todays freestyle was . . . 31.63!! That's 11.67 seconds off his best time! Whoo Hoo!!






3. Hambone has made HUGE improvements as well!! I mean HUGE!! Last year she was so wobbly in the water that I thought she was doomed as a swimmer, but this year she was determined to straighten her stroke and it is looking beautiful!!


Last summer she started off with :Freestyle: 49.70 Backstroke: 46.39 Breaststroke: 43:07


And ended in the fall with: Freestyle: 30.09 Backstroke: 43.30 Breastroke: 35.67


And Today: Freestyle: 26.14 Breastroke: 32.50


Plus she swam a 100 meter IM in 2:56 and 2 relays! Way to go, girl!!!!








4. MVM was slow and steady last summer. Her breathing was all wrong, but she worked it out and now she is looking very graceful in the water!


Last Summer started with: Freestyle: 44.51 Backstroke: 40:08 Breastroke: 35.52


And ended in the fall with: Freestyle: 30.33 Backstroke: 33.87 Breaststroke: 30.80


And today: Freestyle: 21:30 Breaststroke: 25:14


Plus, she swam on 2 relay teams!! Way to swim, MV!!





No comments:

Post a Comment