Wednesday, July 20, 2011

We're in!

Yes, we are alive and well and in our new home! Oh the things we do! This has been one of the hardest moves, mainly because the house was not exactly move in ready. For the first 3 nights we were here, we lived on mattresses only while we waited for new carpet to be installed and while we (mostly Robbie!) painted the bedrooms. Then, we slowly began to move in bed frames and dressers while we painted the playroom. All work has been done "after hours" since Robbie has still had to work everyday. We have also stripped wallpaper out of 2 bathrooms and the kitchen, painted trim work downstairs, and done a bunch a swimming while our friend has worked on finishing the wood flooring, the molding, and other odds and ends jobs. Today we moved furniture into the dining room and I can't wait for the day when we finish the living room and kitchen! Surely it won't be too long!

But, I have to you how much our God loves us! Loves me! Sometimes I can't understand His love, it's even hard to accept at times. I'm so undeserving of it, but so very thankful for the way He has shown His love to me through this move. First off, the house He picked for us to move into is perfect for us. Not perfect in what I wanted or what I asked for. Not even perfect for what I feel are our long term needs. But, when I started to look at all the little things God gave me in this house, I realized that it is a perfect gift from my Father! He knows me so well and knew just what I needed during this transition time.

For starters, the house has no backdoor neighbors. Just an open bean field that I am quite certain holds some soon to be adventures for this family! God knew I would hate to have people all up in my business after living so far away from people for 2 years! Next, the layout of the house is so open that we really feel quite comfortable and even spacious in this small house. It really is so livable that we are tempted to stay awhile! God also provided two sweet families from our school right here in walking distance to our house! One lives a few houses down the road and the other lives just a couple streets over. Both have been amazing during our move and we can't wait to make memories with our new favorite neighbors! Shopping is just a short mile down the road, which might end up being a budget killer with Super Target to pop in and our of any time of week! But the best part of all is the neighborhood pool right across the street from us! Oh, how God knew what we needed! We love water, or I do at least, and having a pool to go to anytime we want without the drive or the crowds has been fabulous! We go everyday!

Who knows what God has in store for our housing future, but I know that I know that know the He has a perfect plan for us. How fun it is to get to witness it and tell His story through our own!

No comments:

Post a Comment