GCA held a Medieval Day for the kids to experience what they have been studying in Medieval History. All of the Middle School students were royals and important names from history while of the elementary kids were lowly peasants.
Here is CR enjoying his feast of chicken legs, bread, nuts and dried fruit.

Next was the open market where each class traded their goods for others.
MV is trading furs and pot holders!
Hambone was demonstrating how to cut wheat from the fields - and trading bread made from the wheat.

CR was trading handmade soap!

And Little E was stomping grapes to make grape juice to trade! He had a blast!
Next, they headed out to the fields to learn how to shoot a bow and arrow!
Both of my girls hit the bulls eye!!
What an awesome day!! It looks like they all had soo much fun! And Robbie being King is great! Although I think he should have worn the tights! :)
ReplyDeleteThese are great,Dabney! Looks like lots of fun. I agree with Elizabeth about Robbie and the tights though! Btw, tell the girls nice job with the bow and arrows!
ReplyDeleteTell Robbie I still have his tights in my cabinet from when he was king in our Medieval Fair. I will get them to him, Mr. Piercey retired them. =)
ReplyDeleteI love the activities the students did- very creative!