Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Beginnings

Welcome!! Or maybe you should welcome me! Since I enjoy reading other blogs, I have finally decided to start my own public diary of my life! My main motivation for entering the public sphere of the blog world was really out of a desire for personal reflection and accountability, though. For some bizarre reason, I think that if I write the happenings of my life journey down for others to read, that I might actually begin to do some of the things that my heart desires, but seems to lack in discipline. As I was thinking of names for this small piece of the world wide web, my mind naturally began to think of the book of Psalms. I have always loved this book because we see a real man who has struggles the same as we do, yet was honored with the title "a man after [God's] own heart"I Samuel 13:14. Still, through his struggles, David continues to sing praises to God. As David is remembering that his strength in life is the Lord and that he has no one to fear, even with his enemies encamped around him, he makes a decision to "offer sacrifices of joy" to the Lord. I am often guilty of letting my circumstances rob me of my joy and, yes, I can even be heard complaining about the smallest "pains" I go through in my blessed life! So, I write to help me remember to give my Savior the Sacrifice of Joy constantly, wherever I can!

1 comment:

  1. Dabney,
    It is so good to see or rather hear how God is working in your life. I miss you dearly and am thankful that we can keep up with our families this way. If you haven't seen my blog, I will email you an invite (since it is not public).
    love you, girl and praising Him with you,
    Steph Annis

    ReplyDelete