


Every now and then I reminisce back to my childhood days where we grew up watching Little House on the Prairie and listening to Amy Grant and Sandy Patti! Those were the good ole days! One of my favorite movies was, and still is, Pollyanna in which Hayley Mills was the lead actress. She was notorious for playing "the glad game" by always finding something to be glad about when most others would only complain. Well, I am trying my hardest to find some reason to "be glad" that it is rainy and cold outside!! I am having a hard time!! What do you do with four stir-crazy kids all week long when you can't go outside?? That is a question that I hope you will help me answer! We have played board games, made Christmas crafts, painted on a whole tables worth of paper, exercised to mom's aerobic videos, and still we are all like wild animals trapped inside a small cage! HELP!!! We did venture outside on Monday to a local park where we walked and road bikes, but that was not near enough time outside for this outdoors family! I miss Summer and the warm sun and the cool pool water and - well - just about everything that comes with Summer! But, this is a blog about being joyous, so here I go! I am glad that I do not have to swat mosquitoes outside and kill flies in the kitchen! I am glad that I have a warm home in which to retreat. I am very glad for Hot Chocolate and space heaters and electric blankets! And well, I am most thankful that my home is in Dixieland where we only have to put up with a few short months of around freezing temperatures!
Dabney,
ReplyDeleteYour writings are like a breath of fresh air! I felt encouraged and motivated to count my blessings and and play the "glad game". Thanks!
I give you an applause for your new blog! clap, clap, clap
love ya,
Kelly
YEAH! Welcome to the world of blogging. Enjoyed it so far!
ReplyDelete