
CH turned 6 years old yesterday! I can't believe it! Since the days she was born, she has always been a huge source of joy in our family and never fails to make everyone she meets smile! She has grown up with an energy about her that I love and a unique personality that draws people to her like magnets (which we are studying this week!!!)! Her love for life is contagious and our life is quite boring when she is not around! Birthday's are great for her because she loves the spotlight and the opportunity to hog all of the attention! God has blessed her with huge heart that we pray she will use to spread His love and His name wherever she goes!!
I'm not always the best planner for parties or most anything, but I do like to try to make everyone's birthday a super special day (or usually a special week!). We usually sing Happy Birthday and blow out candles at every meal of the day and have a party with some special friends and family. This year, C's birthday started a day early with a special lunch alone with Pop. They went to her favorite "Pop place", Logan's, where she gets the biggest kick out of throwing peanuts on the floor! On Wednesday, she started out her actual birthday with a trip to the donut shop to get the sugar high rolling early! Then, she got to go eat lunch with Daddy all by herself, which is always a special treat! Next, Mimi came in town and took her to go pick out her birthday present and brought her back in time for her birthday party.
We had two families and a few family members over for cake and ice cream before heading to the skating rink for our first ever skating experience! And what an experience it was! I had forgotten how tricky skating can be, especially for the little ones! All the kids struggled at first but slowly began to get the hang of it, at least enough to make it a few yards without falling! We played limbo, which was funny to see the kids get on their hands and knees to try to make it under the bar!

Happy Birthday little Carlie! Sounds like ya'll had a super week. She does have the cutest little magnetic personality!! I read the blog and kept thinking about her being such a dare devil with Caleb on the tube all summer!! I can't wait to see what she'll be as an adult!! Nothing will stand in her way.
ReplyDeleteCarlie is our little star and brightens our day everytime we are with her. She could easily be today's "Shirley Temple" with her
ReplyDeletedelightful and fun personality.