Monday, March 22, 2010

Firstborn

Have you ever read The Birth Order Book by Dr. Kevin Leman?


Seems like I started reading it a few years ago, but never finished it. Either way, I remember enough about it to know that MV is a picture perfect "first born" child. She is responsible, self-motivated, driven to excellence, a people pleaser, a rule-follower and a diligent and hard worker. This girl loves school and learning and book reports and all that comes with it! She finishes her homework everyday at school and usually has someone else check it for her so that I never even see it! She absolutely LOVES to read, especially anything that has to do with American History. She became a self taught history buff around 6 years old! Her biggest complaint about living in this small house is that she doesn't have a place where she can go and read away from her brothers and sister. So, she can often be found curled up in Mom and Dad's room surrounded by books that she has read at least a half a dozen times already!






MV giving her book report in school

MV is also a HUGE Daddy's girl! It is so fun to watch her crawl up in his lap as though she were still a toddler and hug on him! God sure did bless me immensley when he gave me Robbie; for so many reasons, but how blessed I am to have a husband who loves on his little girls! I just pray they only want his affection and attention for a LONG time!




MV and Daddy sledding








2 comments:

  1. she IS such a sweet girl! I love that she loves to read so much! What precious gifts you have been given with your 5 amazing kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute post!! I know K. Leman says not to hook up 2 first borns, but we are keeping our fingers crossed for Caleb and MV. I loved that book and his child training books too!! I just read them all last month.

    ReplyDelete