Saturday, May 14, 2011

Happy Mother's Day! 2011

Okay all you Nashville folks! If you have never taken a ride on the Natchez Trace, you need to!! These creeks and waterfalls were only 3o minutes away from us and provided a full day of fun! Robbie was sick in bed for Mother's Day and all I wanted was to get out and hike to some water. So, I decided to take the kids somewhere close where we could get back if we needed to! I think we gave him 6 hours of peace and 6 hours packed with fun and adventure for us! Just what I wanted (though it sure would have been more fun if my Hubby would have been there to help carry Baby!).

Dictated by: Hambone!

For Mother's Day, we went to Natchez Trace waterfalls. It was very fun! First, we went to Fall Hollow and looked down at the big waterfall. This is my siblings and my Mom on the path looking down.
Next, we hiked down Fall Hollow to play in the water. My mom, she went through the waterfall. I was too scared to go through the waterfall because I thought there were snakes!



Little E wasn't scared! He went before my Mom did!


This is my sister with my baby brother W. They did not get wet!



Then, we hiked to a second waterfall in Fall Hollow. This is a baby snake that we found at one of the waterfalls. I threw rocks at it before we left.




This is my brothers getting wet in the 2nd waterfall at Fall Hollow.




Next, we went to an old phosphate mine. It collapsed a long time ago. It was very, very, cold!



Then, we went to English Camp Creek to play. I was the bravest kid to slide down this waterfall because my mom said she would take me to Baskin Robbins if I did!



Next, we went to a house where Merriwether Lewis, from Lewis and Clark, died. We were not allowed to go in it, but we looked through the window.



Close by was Little Swan Creek where we played in the creek. Awe!! He's so cute!



Me and CR were catching crawdads.



The boys and me had a "boat" race with sticks.




Finally, we made it to Jackson Falls. This is me sliding down a big waterfall! It hurt my bottom because I was only wearing a small swim skirt. But it was very fun!





This is my brother, CR, sliding down the waterfall. He had on shorts and didn't hurt like I did.



This is Little E sliding like I did.



This is the bottom of Jackson Falls. On the trail back to the car we found a lot of honeysuckles!

My mom taught us how to suck the juice out! They were very good!



Before we went home, we stopped at Gordon's Ferry on the Duck River. My brothers, sister and me were trying to climb up this little trail, but we slid because it was really muddy and slippery!






THE END!


1 comment: