Sunday, December 11, 2011

Entrepreneurs!!

As we have begun to talk more specifically to the kids about our China adoption, the kids have had lots of questions!  Good questions like "Can she learn about Jesus in China?" and "How old will she be?" and "Can we go to meet her with you?"  The girls have really expressed a lot of interest in traveling to China with us.  We thought it would be a great way to instill in them a love for missions and orphans at a young age, so we began to do a little research to see what the added expense would be.  We found out that together, they could travel with us for about $4,000- $6,000.  Initially, we decided we would just have to say no and not let them go.  Then, we thought that if they could help raise the money to go, we might consider it. 

About 2 weeks ago, I asked the girls if they would want to make sleeping bags for American Girl dolls to sell at GCA's annual Barn Boutique to start raising money for their potential trip to China! Of course, they were ecstatic about going and about sewing! We got busy sewing over Thanksgiving and in one weeks time, the girls sold 17 sleeping bags over Facebook! That meant a whole lot of sewing and I had to step in to help them add more inventory for the Barn Boutique! Normally, the girls do about 85% of the sewing themselves; but, over the last week.  I have helped out more since they had homework, play practice, basketball practice. 

Yesterday was the Barn Boutique and Hambone (who was the mail saleswoman at our booth!) sold 21 sleeping bags!! All in all, the girls have now raised $700 towards their trip to China to meet their baby sister! They still have 15 sleeping bags left if you are interested in purchasing one for a Christmas present! They are $15/ each plus $5 to ship them  priority mail!   You can leave a comment below, email or find us on Facebook!  To God be the glory great things He has done!!

I didn't have a picture of the blue one :(





1 comment:

  1. Aahh!! How have I not heard about this?! I'm gonna need to order 2 please. :) Not picky about the pattern, just whatever you've got! I'll have Jake give Robbie a check. :)

    ReplyDelete