Monday, December 15, 2008

Joy to the World (or at least to Mom and Dad!)







Last night our oldest daughter, who just turned 7, sang in the Christmas musical at our church. She had a very small narration to open the program, but it was the first time she had ever had a "solo" role to perform in front of people (other than our small homeschool group!!). I imaged her as a timid and shy child on stage, but she surprised this joyful mom by speaking loud and clear as she held the microphone close to her mouth! I beamed the whole time she was on stage watching her innocence as she sang her heart out and smiled everytime the children's director gave the choir a silent reminder! My heart was full!! Though we came home past bedtimes, tired and hungry, I wanted to capture all my children singing as a reminder of their sweet hearts during their young years! So, I pulled out the camera and had everyone sing for me in bed! What sweet moments and precious memories!! This post is mostly for the grandparents who were unable to attend last night, but some of you moms might appreciate the feeling of joy that overcame me as I watched and listened to all my children sing last night! (uploads were taking too long, so right now I only have part of MV's program up :(




1 comment:

  1. Dearest Dabney,
    Reading your post made me feel as though I was there that night to see Mattie.
    I am such a proud grandmother!
    Love,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete