Sunday, May 24, 2009

Favorite reads!

Sitting down at the computer is getting harder to do!! But, I am eager to purchase some new books for all of us to read for the summer and want your help! What are some of your favorite or recommended books for toddlers through elementary age?? Any must reads for us adults?? Here are some that we LOVE!!

MV loves and recommends. . . Mandie books, Bobbsey Twins, History books at Yesterdays classics , Stewat Little, The Jungle Book

CH loves and recommends . . . Frog and Toad books, Little Bear books, Boxcar children, Mouse Soup, Aesop's Fables, Treasures of the Snow and other books by Patricia St. John

CR loves and recommends . . . Peter Rabbit books, Franklin books, Rosemary Wells books

Little E loves and recommends . . . Thomas the Train books, The Little Engine that Could, Eric Carle books

Daddy loves and recommends . . .Humility: True Greatness by CJ Mahaney

Mommy loves and recommends . . . Respectable Sins: Confronting the Sins We Tolerate by Jerry Bridges, Karen Kingsbury books for fun, take a break from life reads!

Now tell us yours! We need some new material for the summer months!

1 comment:

  1. For Mommy I would heartily recommend the Thorn in My Heart series by Liz Curtis Higgs. It's a Christian fiction series that is set in Scotland in the 17oo's (or a time period like that) but is based on the story of Jacob/Esau Rachel/Leah. It is sooooooo good! I think there are about 4 books in the series. I couldn't put them down & everyone I know who've read them say the same. You can find them @ Mardels or cbd.com.

    ReplyDelete