Monday, June 22, 2009

I'm back!!

Wow! I'm back online and have no idea where to start! So much has happened since I logged on last. Nothing really noteworthy, but so much that I want to remember for future laughs (since my laughs right now are forced!)!! I'll start at the beginning:

Saturday - June 13
Me to Robbie: "So how long do you see us staying in this house?"
Robbie: "Maybe 6 months, but a year would be great!"
Me: SILENCE . . . . . . .
Robbie: "Are you crying??"

Monday - June 15
Uncle Phillip: "This place is a little better than church camp - just a little."

- Monday night -
Prince Robbie went on a bug killing expedition to protect his spoiled princess! As we sat in the cozy den with the only light on as far as we could see, little bugs and creepy crawlies began to make there grand appearance into our humble dwelling place (I'm not sure it is home yet). The expedition continued into the bedroom as the bugs followed us and our light! Thank you, God, for the bugs! I'm just not sure why I'm thankful, but know I am supposed to be!

Tuesday - June 16
Time to explore! Robbie's brother and his wife were the biggest helps all weekend and continue to be. It has been so nice to have them here and be close to family! They took all four older kids with them today while I stayed home and took a nap. The intent was for me to unpack some more boxes, but I couldn't help laying down with my little peanut to nap while the house was quite. I figured I can always unpack, but naps are much harder to come by! On the way home from picking up the kids, we went looking for Bowie Nature Park. It was only 15 minutes from home and a great place for us to go ride bikes and play. Once Robbie got home from work, we went exploring here on the "prairie". We found the creek, but as you can see, it was rather muddy from all the rain. We also saw a fox, deer, hawk, and some animal's eggs during our exploration of the land on 4 wheelers.


Tuesday night we met our neighbors across the street. One was riding his horse down the gravel road and Robbie decided to introduce himself so that the kids could pet the horse.

When he came inside he said, "They told me all about the mail and trash and . . . "

me: interrupts and says, "Oh, what day is trash pick up?"

Robbie: "Pick-up? Any day you want it to be. You just pick it up and take it to the dump."

me: "What? You mean we have to put our nasty trash in our car? You didn't tell me this when I signed up for this!" Don't you know you are supposed to SLOWLY acclimate a city girl into country life!!

Wednesday - June 17

Today we stayed home and worked most of the day. This was my first day to venture down into the dreaded basement where my laundry "area" is. Since so many of you commented, emailed or called to say how cute the house was, I decided I needed to give you a video tour of the "dugeon", a.k.a the basement, to see if you change your mind! Remember that the "dungeon" is under us and "what starts down slowly rises up with the heat!" At lease in my mind, that is the way the law of basements work! Since we are staying here to save a little money while we quickly look for permanent housing, I decided that we needed to make the most of it and really save as much as we could to make this adventure worthwhile. So, we followed Cassie's footsteps and put up a clothes line.This has really been fun so far and the kids think it is cool for now at least! We also went for a ride on the gravel road in front of the house after nap time and visited a small park in the area.

Thursday - June 18

We went into "town" to eat lunch with Robbie. We took a picnic lunch and ate down by the river on the church property. I also took my first grocery shopping trip with all 5! What an experience! MV pushed the cart with all the food while I pushed another cart with Little E and baby while CR and CH were holding on (or that was what they were supposed to do at least!). The grocery I chose to try first was a full 50 minutes away from our place, so this made for a long day! Realizing I have not taken any recent pics of W lately and still don't have batteries for my camera, I took another video to show you how he has changed! He is now 6 weeks old!

Friday - June 19

We found a community pool to go to so we could swim! It was a little difficult to keep my eye on everyone, but we made it for 2 hours, before I decided it was wearing me out counting heads! Since we were already out and on the way to shopping, we decided to make a day of it and go get Robbie's Father's Day gift. Another long day - I ended up calling Robbie and asking him to drive 20 minutes out of his way to come help me with the kids while I finished up what I needed to do in town. I figured it might be awhile before I felt adventurous enough to try that again (my first experience nursing in a dressing room but I have had lots of these firsts since my sweet sis made me a nursing cover!)! Once we got home, it was time for Robbie to leave and drive 2 hours to go pick up our bees! You are only supposed to move bees at night in hopes that they will not be as aggressive and it seemed to work! He made it home with no bee stings while transporting the two hives! While he was gone, the kids and I made smores and cards for Father's Day. Robbie is a little protective of his precious bees, so if you come for a visit, don't try swatting at any of our new little pets! They are out by the barn, but a few often wander up to the house looking for I don't what! But we don't bother them! Robbie has been feeding them sugar water everyday though and they seem to be thriving in there new home. Here is a video to show you what they look like in their hive.

Saturday - June 20

Fun day at the lake with good friends. I hate to say that I actually charged my batteries to put in my camera and went off and left them. I was so sad, but we all had fun - just no pictures to prove it!

Sunday - June 21

Happy Father's Day!

MV - "My Daddy is the best because he works hard to take care of us. I am Daddy's girl!

CH - "My Daddy is the best Daddy because he takes us 4 wheeler riding and sometimes he takes us out to eat. He loves me and we draw pictures of him sometimes. I love Daddy so much because he died for me - No, that was Jesus! I love Daddy more than he loves me. I like to play pick up sticks with him. Sometimes he takes me down to see the bees. Love, CH"

CR - (He is sleeping right now, so I will have to update his comments later!)

Little E - I love Daddy because . . . "he is my best Daddy. My Daddy is da best army man. He also got a gun. Dat all."

Monday - June 22

Today we have stayed at home all day and the quiet, country life is not all that bad! I found a magnet while unpacking boxes that my mother-in-law gave me years ago and it reads, "The joy of the Lord is my strength." - Nehemiah 8:10. I needed that reminder to encourage me this week! I have let my circumstances get the best of me and not offered "sacrifices of joy" to our great God for his provisions. Aside from the stinch, spiders, roaches and other creepy crawlies, this place is quite relaxing! And the best part of all is the Dollar General 1/2 mile up the road! I am amazed at how many neccessities this store carries!!

2 comments:

  1. This was funny! I think you'll be a country girl in no time & be begging to stay! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking it looks like fun! From the muddy river to the algae pond, to the 4 wheeler rides - Can't wait to come visit you!!

    BTW: are those eggs snake eggs?

    ReplyDelete