Yesterday we celebrated Little E's 3rd birthday. He is still loving Thomas the Tank Engine so I attempted to make a Thomas cake for him. For whatever reason, I decided to use cow's milk and butter and eggs in the cake (both of which he is allergic to). I thought he might be getting over his allergies since CR started to at this age and decided to experiment with him and his cake. What a horrible idea! All of the kids tasted some of the scraps of cake as I cut out my train shape, including Little E. It wasn't long before he began to be cranky and asking for me to hold him. He was plain puny and since I was trying to decorate his cake and get ready for family to come over, he just laid on the floor and fell asleep. I attibuted his tiredness to a week of no naps and a 9:30 bedtime the night before. Well, company arrived and he was still no fun, not whiny, just lethargic. Robbie took him outside with him to grill and he fell asleep again on the picnic table. I am still thinking he is sleep deprived and just needing to sleep. Well, Robbie brings him inside to eat lunch and he begins to throw-up (this is how he has always reacted to his food allergies - it has just been awhile since he has eaten them). We immediately new that he was not tired, he was sick, from the little bit of cake he had tasted!!
Oh, what a bad mom I am! He felt better as soon as he got the cake out of his stomach and wanted to eat and open presents. The worst part was that he could not eat his Thomas cake. Thankfully, his Aunt Lora brought him some of his special ice cream (since I forgot to buy it) that he could eat, but he has not let me forget that he does not like eggs in his cake! His real birthday is on Wednesday, so I have promised to make him another Thomas cake without eggs or milk products!

No comments:
Post a Comment