Monday, November 23, 2009

I will enter His courts with Thanksgiving!

holy experience


I have been anxious to write my "gratitude" list all week! For some reason, the blessings around me have been so apparent; maybe I am just looking for them more often! I have had a weak moment, though, and begged Robbie to get me out of this house. Hoping that has passed and I can last as long as the Lord has us here. On a second note, I better be doing a lot more than hoping - looks like I need to stay in constant prayer for my wandering heart to find and KEEP contentment, this winter especially!

This week, God has opened my eyes to the ABUNDANCE all around me . . .

113. Abundance of clothes, overflowing from drawers! (Most of which were given to us by dear, sweet friends!!)
114. Abundance of time last week with sick kids.

115. Kids on the mend this week

116. So thankful Baby W did not get the high fever the others had! Thank you, GOD!!

117. Abundance of family time this week

118. Abundance of homemade goodies to fill the freezer: muffins, granola bars, pancakes, bread, and much more to come this week!

119. Making time to sew with my girls, we don't do this often enough

120. Abundance of stealer deals this week at the grocery! I found our favorite healthy beef that retails for $6/pound for $2/pound and bought enough to last a month!!

121. Mom doing my Christmas shopping at American Girl and finding the doll MV wanted but was supposed to be sold out!! Thanks, Mom!!!

122. Abundance of good websites to search for Scriptures. I think I take this for granted that I can just type in what I am looking for and I have a host of sites to help me with what I need (yes, know how to use discernment with some of these sites!)

123. Abundance of country fun! (Have we had enough yet??!!)

124. God's abundant mercies that are new every morning! Why is He so merciful to us? His love amazes me!!

Did I tell you about the morning we woke up to find Bud out of his pen?!

125. Abundance of stars in the sky! Robbie and I spend a night outside over last weekend just looking up at the stars. Sounds corny, but it really is amazing and beautiful to be surrounded by such glory in the sky! And to think, it is only a grain of sand compared to the full glory of God! I can't even imagine what it will be like in the presence of His glory!

126. Abundance of noise - I know I would be completely bored without it (at least after a day or two of silence!)



PSALM 100

Shout for JOY to the Lord all the earth.
WORSHIP the Lord with GLADNESS;
COME before Him with JOYFUL songs.
Know that the Lord is God.
It is He who made us, and we are His;
We are His people, the sheep of His pasture.
Enter His Gates with THANKSGIVING and His courts with PRAISE;
Give THANKS to Him and PRAISE His name.
For the Lord is GOOD and His love endures FOREVER;
His FAITHFULNESS continues through all generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment