
My Scripture reading this morning started out in Psalm 92 with this much needed reminder:
"It is good to give thanks to the Lord,
And sing praises to Your name, O Most High;
To declare Your lovingkindness in the morning,
And Your faithfulness every night."
Psalm 92: 1-2
My gratitude list was put on the back-burner the past couple of weeks and my attitude has definitely reflected my negligent heart. All that had to happen was for the weather to turn cold and my heart naturally starts complaining. Funny thing is, I just finished reading The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom
and the heart attitude of her sister, Betsie, was so convicting and compelling.
I am constantly remembering what these 2 sisters and hundreds of thousands of other people went through in these concentration camps as I start mumbling wasteful complaints about cold weather. Here I am with -
265. a nice, warm home,
267.a clean comfortable bed
268.with more covers than one girl needs
269. so many options and layers for clothes
270. Warm food and drink whenever I want it
271. my beloved space heater to warm my toes in the morning
272. a nice car that puts out HOT air when I need it most
273. HOT water for my relaxing bath time
274. A HUGE selection of coats for the family (i just counted 42 kid coats in our closet - I think some giving is in order!)
275. warm gloves and hats and scarves
276. Electricity to heat my home
277. A dryer to dry my clothes or heat up my fleece when I really want to get warm!
278. A home filled with the warmth of love
How can my heart complain with so many precious gifts from my Lord? I truly believe it pains Him to hear us grumble and complain, especially when He has given us so much! When in the concentration camp, Corrie ten Boom was loosing heart that she and her sister would ever leave the camp alive and Betsie, in her heart overflowing with faith and gratitude still, replied, "And what better place to spend the remainder of our days." (This is my paraphrased memory!)
Oh, Lord, would you give me a heart like Betsie ten Boom's that I might see everyday, every place you have me, every situation as a chance to show your love to others, as a precious gift from you!
No comments:
Post a Comment