Monday, March 30, 2009

A benefit of school at home!

As Spring arrives with warm weather and baby #5 grows inside my weary body, it is getting more difficult for me to stick to a school schedule. I normally enjoy having a daily routine, but lately all I want to do is play outside! Even if I can't get out, it is nice for the kids to be able to burn off some energy and creativity outdoors . Today, we did as much as we could in the morning inside and then decided to take school outside and learn about the insides of our bodies. This proved more difficult outside since it was a windy day and our paper bodies were blowing at will, but at least we "did school" and still got to enjoy the sunshine!

It's hard to see what they drew, but we labeled all the major bones and few other body parts as well!

I couldn't resist putting this picture in! Robbie found them all in the bathroom listening to MV read a book while Little E tried to go potty - yes, we are still potty training and not much farther along than we were a month ago!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your comment and congratulations to you! Four weeks is nuthin! You must be in full-blown nesting mode by now ;)

    This bottom picture is absolutely priceless. I was bathing my boys the other day and going over simple and complex interest with my 8th grader. I love the bizarre but efficient multitasking that homeschooling teaches us!

    Blessings :)

    ReplyDelete