
Just as I put the winter boots away and prepared to pull out the Spring clothes, Saturday night we got pounded with 13'' of snow! Now, I am normally a sissy when it comes to snow and cold weather, but even I could not resist playing in the thick powder that so gracefully covered our yard and neighborhood. I have fond memories of one winter as a child when we had enough snow to build an igloo using large coolers. Since I can not remember another snow that big, I thought it best get outside and take advantage of this rare snowfall in West TN and attempt to build an igloo like the one that rests so warmly in my childhood memories! We tried pulling the kids behind the four-wheeler again, but the powder was too thick and not hard enough. They played outside from about 8:00 in the morning till 2:00 in the afternoon, with several changes of clothes in between! I've got to get us some winter bibs for next year since we seem to get at least one good snow a year! The best part of all is that by the end of the week we will have 70 degree weather again - just the way I like it!! 







No comments:
Post a Comment