Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Spring is here!!

"In Your presence is fullness of joy;
At your right hand are pleasures forevermore."
Psalm 16:11

Oh, how I hope Spring is here to stay! This is one of my most favorite times of the year! New life is springing up all around, children are finally outside playing again and we watch NO tv!! CH asked last night if we could watch a movie - she said, "but we haven't watched tv in so long!!" What a treat!! I love the longer nights when we can play baseball and soccer outside with Daddy after dinner and go on long family walks in the neighborhood.

A new energy arrives with the onset of Spring as well that has me cleaning, baking, sewing and working diligently to get my "March projects" list completed. So far, we have finished the bee hives - they have been delivered to the "beekeeper" and should be ready to pick up in a couple of weeks. We have started our garden, though the significant amount of rain lately has greatly hampered our efforts. The kitchen walls are free of wallpaper and freshly painted - this was a huge undertaking!! I am sewing dresses for the girls, just not Easter dresses yet; I can't think of what I want to make yet?!?! The baby crib is out of the attic, but not assembled; and, I still have boxes upon boxes of clothes to sort through (all of which are residing in baby's room!). Little E has not had any more major asthma attacks lately, which is a huge blessing since we are in the heart of what should be a difficult season for him. I need to cut out all of his white sugar intake, but I am using jellybeans as his potty treats for now, so I still have more work to do in this area!!

Here are some pictures of the kids welcoming Spring by making bird nests. We used pretzels and icing for the nest and bubble gum eggs for the bird eggs and gummy worms for the edible worms. We probably should have used coconut dyed green for the grass or some other kind of food, but we just used fake Easter grass.

No comments:

Post a Comment