Saturday, February 28, 2009

Talent Show

Well, tonight, our church held a talent show for the children's department. We struggled with what do as our "talent" but MV ended up reciting 3 stanzas from Henry Wadsworth Longfellow's poem Paul Revere's Ride and CH played Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star on the piano (with her left hand since the right is still in a cast!!). I made sure my cameras had fresh batteries and new discs/ memory cards . . . or, so I thought! When it was CH's turn to play, I pulled out the video camera and my disc was full - I had put in an old disc instead of a new one!!! I was sick and still am. Robbie had the camera and my Flip video recorder that I always have in my purse as a back-up was sitting at home on the counter from recording our practice sessions :((. By the time MV got up, I was able to record the beginning and end of her recitation on my camera, but had missed CH's. So, I got her to play it again for me while the children's choir got ready to sing a song - she played part of it but soon realized that it really wasn't her turn and decided to stop. Here is what I was able to get! Sorry for the poor quality! Oh - I also forgot to mention that when we left the talent show we had about 3 inches of snow on the ground! Hopefully we will get to play in it tomorrow!








Kids before talent show - just starting to snow!
Kids after talent show!

Girls in the snow after talent show!

No comments:

Post a Comment