A few posts back, my intention was to stop and give God thanks for this little house and his perfect provisions for our family, but somehow I became sidetracked and neglected to do so. The Holy Spirit has been pursuing my heart and my emotions as I have wrestled with being thankful and grateful for the gift of housing God has chosen for us. Though I knew in my heart that I should be "Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ" (Eph. 5:20), I was still bent on grumbling and complaining about the smallest hardships of our situation.
Our Heavenly Father has poured out his grace on me and allowed me to see how sinful my heart and my thoughts are! How could I ever complain about what my God deems perfect for me? In essence, I was telling God (and the rest of you) that He was neither faithful nor good in regards to my life. I am so thankful for the promptings of the Holy Spirit to pierce my heart and convict me of the sin in my life. It makes me stop and wonder why my God would take care of me. I am so unworthy of His love and affection, yet so grateful for His abundant grace and forgiveness!!My Mother has always reminded me of Besty and Corrie ten Boom's encounter with lice in the German concentration camp as recorded in her book The Hiding Place. The barracks were infested with lice which would seem to impose a miserable hardship on top of all the other difficulties the prisoners endured. But the ladies soon realized that the Nazi soldiers would not come into the barracks because of the lice, hence, giving the prisoners the freedom to read and study the Bible together! The lice were a blessing from God!!
And this place, too, is a blessing from the hand of God!! I realized that rather quickly when Robbie and I sat down one night and tried to figure out finances and how much cash we would need to purchase or build a home here. WOW! Staying here and saving so much money on rent is the only way for us to afford a home down the road! So, thank you God, for this small house and all the bugs and critters that come with it! As my heart has changed, I have really begun to enjoy it here. In fact, Robbie has been searching intensely for property this week and I am trying to slow him down!! What's the hurry? I am now content to stay as long as we need to!
I was up until after 1am this morning reading your blog, sometimes laughing so hard my husband woke up. I know I speak for a lot of people, but specifically my family when I say that we are so grateful you have moved here! Relocating is so difficult and a major adjustment for the whole family, but also the start of a beautiful new chapter in the story of your family. I can't wait to see how the Lord provides a home for you in His perfect time!
ReplyDelete