Update from Kamp Kindness:
It is hard to say if Kamp Kindness was a success or not. While "in camp", the kids were quick to pour on the kind words, but as soon as my structured activities ended the kindness flew so fast out the window that I quickly tired of chasing it back again! What I did learn, is that I have to be on my knees every day, all day, praying for grace and patience to teach these children God has so gracious placed in our care. There are so many character traits and life skills that I want them to learn and master in addition to their 3 R's that I do, at times, feel overwhelmed at the life-long task laid before me. At these moments I have to remember God's promise that "[He] will provide for [my] needs before [I] ask, and [He] will help [me] while [I am] still asking for help." Isaiah 65:24 There are days that I forget to ask for help and try, unsuccessfully to train our little arrows in my own strength, but the desire of my heart is for my Father to fill me with His strength and love everyday to help my husband in training our young ones to fear the Lord and to love the Lord with everything in them. I am inadequate, on my own, to even attempt a task so great!
P.S. - I am speaking from my heart, not Robbie's, which is why I used first person speech!
BTW, those of you who know my kids can probably figure out who went with mommy to get a "sweet treat" for their honey words throughout the week! We are all working again this week on our words AND our actions!
No comments:
Post a Comment