Friday, July 31, 2009

On my Knees

Today I find myself on my knees
Begging God to fill me with His Spirit
To pour out His love and mercy
and hold me in the cradle of His hands.

The sea billows are rolling
And my feet are loosing ground.
I feel like I am going under
And the waves keep crashing down.

He fills me with HIS perfect strength
To come lay at His feet and rest
And find pleasure in His Holy Word
Where comfort and peace fill my aching lungs.

Though the waves of life keep rolling
And my spirit is worn and tired
I can see the Light through the grayness
Leading me on where He walks -

Beside me, holding my hand
Behind me, pushing me forward
In front of me, making a path
for me to follow in His ways.

PSALM 73:21-28
"Thus my heart was grieved,
And I was vexed in my mind.
I was foolish and ignorant;
I was like a beast before You.
Nevertheless I am continually with You;
You hold me by my right hand.
You will guide me with your Counsel,
And afterward, receive me to glory.

Whom have I in heaven but You?
And there is non upon earth that I desire
besides YOU,
My flesh and my heart fail;
But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

... it is good for me to draw near to God;
I have put my trust in the Lord God,
That I may declare all Your works."

1 comment:

  1. Good post. It reminds me of the purging I'm experiencing with Him lately. He's rearranging stuff & extracting garbage from my life. It's painful but so worth it that I want more of it.

    ReplyDelete