Thursday, August 13, 2009

Change of Course

Daddy with his girls on the first day of school

So far the theme for our family this year seems to be "Change". On Friday of last week, we, as in us parents, made another decision in favor of "Change". It was my birthday weekend, and my sweet sister and dear Mother-in-law kept the four older kids for me. I decided to take advantage of the days off and help Robbie get ready for his first week of school. As I met the teachers and parents at the school, I began to get excited and more eager to get involved with GCA. (You can check out the school website here.) In passing, I mentioned to Robbie that I thought it might be a good idea to send the girls to school with him this year. He, of coarse, was in favor and voted for a night of prayer over the issue. By Friday, we had both decided that we wanted the girls to go and the mad dash for school clothes and supplies began! I will miss having them at home with me and still feel very strongly that homeschooling is the best option for educating our kids. Our circumstance is unique in that now their Daddy gets to be the one who is heavily involved in their education! Though the elementary age group is new to him, Robbie is thrilled to have his girls at the school!
CH and MV on their first day at school!
The boys "helped" vacuum the floor after the first school lunch!
Baby W entertained himself for a SHORT time in front of the mirror!
t

3 comments:

  1. so precious! It looks like they are enjoying it so far! MV looks JUST like you in that pic of her and another girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminds me of our girls with their Daddy. The girls look so happy and excited!!!

    Also, got your comment with meeting in Chicago. Would LOVE to do that...we should talk more about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure they're loving it! How are you doing with this? They look so old in their uniforms!Ann

    ReplyDelete