
Yep, they are brown recluses. Little E actually found the first one in the bathtub and then I stepped on the 2nd one in the hall way! Our exterminator said that we are not infested, which is a praise, so he just set out traps to monitor the little devils! Naturally, the handful we have found in traps have all been in the kids bedroom. Oh the joys! So, here go the instructions for the kids. Don't leave your clothes on the floor. Don't let your bedding touch the floor. Shake out your clothes and shoes before putting them on. Pull your covers back and look for spiders before getting into bed. This last instruction 3 of the 4 decided to ignore and think of their own creative way to avoid the spiders under the covers. When I checked on them before my bedtime, I found them sleeping on top of the covers! In the morning I asked why they slept on top of the covers and MV chimes in, "Because we could not pull the covers all the way back to the bottom of the bed and we didn't want to get bitten." Mom replies, "Don't you think a spider has to first crawl on top of the covers to get inside your covers?" Now, they just curl up in a ball in bed and pray for protection!
This latest find has had me on a mad dash to find a house! We actually made an offer on a foreclosure house this week, but the bank wanted full price - any my husband doesn't pay full price for much of anything! So, the search continues. This morning I am a bit depressed from our search. We haven't found what we want and I am not so sure that we will anytime soon, apart from God! The scripture song from Philippians 4:19 keeps playing in my mind and is trying to convince my heart, "My God shall supply all my needs, according to HIS riches and glory. He gives his angels charge over me. Jehovah Jireh cares for me, for me, for me. Jehovah Jireh cares for me."
Oh Dabney...that would be the last straw for me!!!! Had you on my mind today...it's just soooo hard to find a quiet moment to call you. I miss you terribly...especially since we've started school. We are venturing out on our first nature walk/picnic tomorrow...if the rain stays away. Praying for protection and provision (of a house). Love you, Lori
ReplyDeleteYuck - I hate that you are having them too! I have talked to about 3 different people here lately that have seen them inside their houses. ARGGG - they are just freaky little booggers!
ReplyDelete