Saturday, August 1, 2009

Saddle up!

I'm back in the saddle today, gearing up for the upcoming school year. We are trying to start our year on Monday. I have everything I need except for lesson plan books and MV's Math workbooks. In the mean time, here is a good site that has helped me get organized before beginning the new year. It helps me to have my schedule, resource list and goals for the year written down so that I have an idea of how to structure my day. Also, I think one of the most important points on her list is to get your husbands input on all of your academic planning. It is easy for me, since my husband works in the education field, but I think it is always a good idea to ask our husbands what they think and recommend - especially in the Bible arena!


Also, I am super excited to use punch out flash cards this year to study art appreciation. My mom went to a Charlotte Mason conference and purchased 6 books with punch out cards by artists or periods for me. You can see the selection here. I had to search first under "Art" and then "Fine Art/ History of Art." Here are two of the books she bought!!




1 comment:

  1. did you decide on the prepare and pray curriculum? just curious.
    love ya,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete