Monday, September 14, 2009

Monday Blues

holy experience


Do you ever get the Monday Blues? You know, the Manic Monday feeling where you are already wishing the week away in anticipation for a work-free weekend? If you are anything like me, your blues might actually start on Sunday when I begin to feel the fun-filled yet restful weekend slipping away from me. My dread of Mondays can almost made me dread Sundays when I have to start saying goodbye to the weekends! And Sundays are my favorite!

Thanks to a dear friend, I found this site by Ann Voskamp. She is a beautiful writer and encourages my heart with every read to seek our God in new and fresh ways. As a result of her encouragement, I am joining her Gratitude Community to give intentional thanks and gratitude to our great God for his blessings, gifts, and provisions in life. Her challange, and now my goal, is to give God thanks for a 1000 graces and counting! So, here goes the beginning of my list of thanks(to hopefully be added to each Monday!).


1. Fresh grace for each new day to cover a multitude of sins

2. Fresh beginnings on Mondays

3. Fresh joy when Beloved, Handsome Husband walks through the door each day

4. Fresh, cool air for adored children to burn energy

5. Fresh fruits and veggies to feed our growing bodies

6. Unending, unconditional love

7. Old hymns that encourage worship in truth

8. Relaxing beside with my true love

9. Beauty revealed in nature

10. Refreshing smoothie to close the day reflecting on a fresh, new take on Mondays!

3 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord on starting your list. Just started mine today, as well! Happy counting ;o)

    ~Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found her site late last week! Love it! You are encouraging me to start my list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I had the same experience when we waited for our Prepare & pray to come in. I think it just takes a while. We did finally get it. I think my husband will start it in the spring with them. I'm too girly to do some of the things!!!

    ReplyDelete