Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Adventure Seeker!

I have an "All About Me" book from when I was in about the 3rd grade that my girls found while unpacking. It was funny to look back and see that I couldn't decide whether I was "adventurous" or "cautious" as I marked both in my book. If I had to choose today, I would definitely same that I am adventurous. I get board if I have to stay at home all day every day and often surf the web looking for some place nearby to go exploring. I love finding unique settings where we can enjoy God's beautiful creation and spend fun family time together. I also love water and have fallen in love with the abundance of creeks, rivers and waterfalls that cover Middle Tennessee.

My sister came for a visit this past weekend and I took advantage of her company to go exploring! On Saturday, we loaded up the 7 kids and all the floatation devices we could find for a fun day at the creek. This creek is about 10 minutes away and provided the perfect place for babies to play on large, dry rocks while the big kids floated in the "rapids". The cautious part in me took over when the kids asked to jump off the rope swing. I thought it would be prudent to wait for Daddy to help keep a watchful eye on all the munchkins seeking adventure on the rope swing and all the more cautious ones who would stay low in the moving current! Fun was had by all!










2 comments:

  1. we had so much fun! Just wish the babies were a little older. But great time! Thanks for letting us explore with you.
    BTW: you didn't mention the huge snake in the creek that went right for the kids. :)

    ReplyDelete