Have you ever had a day when the blessings of the Lord all seem like too much? Where you come away saying, "I don't deserve this, Lord!" I had one of those days on Wednesday. It was a long day spent at school with no nap for Baby W and me feeling very torn between wanting to help at school for my school-aged children, yet wanting to be home for Baby W to get the rest he needs. Saying no to either can make you feel like a bad mom. BUT . . . God was so good to renew my spirit by the gracious gifts of FOUR different people all in under one hour!
As I was sitting in carpool line talking on the phone people started coming out of nowhere, knocking on my window and dropping off stuff like I was a Goodwill attendant! The first was a sweet lady with a huge box of Keebler crackers. She had at least 20 boxes of crackers in there and wanted me to take the whole box! Of coarse, we didn't need the whole box and she said she had already given plenty to the school and church, so I humbly accepted 4 boxes of crackers. Sometimes, its hard for me to accept gifts. To let people give to me. I think it's a pride thing.
Thank you!
About 2 minutes later, another lady comes knocking on the passenger window, dropping off a large bag of clothes. "Why did you think of me", I graciously wonder. She had already given us 3 bags of clothes, but this bag especially blessed Little E for in it was the cutest little dragon costume ever! He has worn it ever since and even sleeps in the dragon pants!
Thank you!
No joke, we had another visitor in the carpool line come knocking on the passenger window. This gentleman had a large stack of Sunday newspapers! I had already bought the paper for it's coupons and didn't need half as many as he had, but with coupons, more is always better! So, I accepted a couple of papers and began to smile out loud at the gifts in my car!
Thank you!
I don't know why, but God wasn't finished blessing me for the day. Yet another man came up to me and asked if we had dinner for the night. I told him we did, but I hadn't started making it yet when he offered me a deep dish pan of homemade lasagna! And not just any homemade lasagna like I would make, but this from a man who is probably the best cook I know! Wow!
Thank you!
Thank you all for blessing us with your gifts. It was almost too much to take in in one day, but we are truly grateful!
"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."
James 1:17
Oh wow!! It is great to see God's goodness to us - when any ONE of those is such a blessing, but we might take for granted. He compiled them so you wouldn't miss his love for you and your family!
ReplyDelete