Tuesday, February 1, 2011

First Day of a New Month

Today is the first day of February, so why not make this day and every other first day of the month a day to evaluate your New Year goals? How did you do this month? Did you work faithfully and diligently on the goals you want to accomplish this year? My month started out strong and ended strong, but the middle was a little shaky! I had a about 10 days where I was struggling to work on all of my goals. It started out with a flop in the exercise arena, which led to a slack off in the eating arena before leaving me a few days behind in my Bible reading. And, just as I expected, my tongue was the hardest to control. I ended stronger than I started and feel rejuvenated to "press on towards the goal(s)" that God has spoken to my heart and confirmed through scripture. As Paul write in Philippians 3:10, 12-14

"I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death . . . Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."

No comments:

Post a Comment