Sunday, February 20, 2011

Too long!

It must have been time. Like we've stayed away too long and feel the ER calling our name! Our last trip was in April 2009 with MV getting stitches and just months before that CH had a to go for her 3 major ER/ DR visit with a broken arm. All 4 big kids have had stitches and now, our first child gets a 2nd set. What can I say; we are definitely an active family!

Friday was just another regular day for fun and adventure in the back yard. CH had a friend from school over and Mimi and Grandaddy came in town to spend the weekend with us. Robbie and I were supposed to get away for the night, but, since he was still working, the kids, Grandaddy and I decided to take a walk down to the waterfall behind our house. We do this quite frequently and I usually let the kids take off by themselves.

This time was no different. The kids like to walk in the creek, while I always take the trail on dry land. The creek isn't deep, but it's definitely wet with a little water running over the slick rock bottom. Little E was having a hard time staying on his feet, so I asked one of the big kids to hold his hand while they walked. He didn't want to and not too much longer, he took another fall and hit his pretty little head! I could see the blood from my position on the trail. He cried for a minute, then quit as I picked him up to ascend back up the hill to the house.
Thankfully, my in-laws were home with me to help clean the blood. I still,after all these years, HATE the site of open wounds with blood gushing out! I pull splinters or teeth with the best of them, but something about my babies and blood wounds makes my stomach turn circles! I waited till Robbie got home and then we contemplated a little longer before we took him to a PA friend who said he really needed to get it stitched. So, off to Vandy we went.

Again, so thankful that my in-laws were here and were able to stay with the kids at home! My dad always did this for us in JAX, but we have never had a time when we didn't have family around when we needed them! Our kids always seem to get hurt in the head, requiring a plastic surgeon to appease this mama, but this time we decided not to wait the extra hour and a half and trusted in our doctor's word that she would make this baby face pretty again! Only time will tell how good her work is, but I promised to send her a picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment