Thursday, February 26, 2009

More Nature Study!

"This morning we went to a park. They had some branches painted blue, River Birch trees with bark that we could peel off for paper, pine trees, a kitchen garden with herbs, a short ditch that Ellis climbed through, and lots of trees that we notified by bark and buds. We had lunch there and it was very windy. We played tag, or at least some of us did! We collected nuts, grasses and branches of all kinds. We even collected a branch from the blue tree. Then we came home and painted the stuff on a piece of paper."

- narrated by MV





"We climbed in the tree and we played a lot. And when we went home we looked at the trees and see what kind them are. And we went back home and we paint and we went to Mrs. Lori's house to play. And I miss my Daddy! And I want to go to his office! I hope the snow is coming right now!"


-narrated by CR



"It was beary fun when we were playing. Me and Brayden and MV took a picture together. We played for a beary long time and we found a kitchen garden and a meadow, it looked like. The meadow, it kinda looked like a meadow what deer live in and like to play in. We sawed a pole, it was red. We did not know what it was, but I fought it was a sign what said "Stop right here." But then I sawed some more of it so I knew it was not it. We had tons of fun. We collected lots of fings. They were different kinds of sticks. I think we collected one by a dogwood tree and it had little kind of flowers. I gave some paper to Brayden off of a paper tree. We got a stick from a red oak tree. It looked like we were on a field trip. We found some big braches and we picked them off. They were even bigger than our car. It looked like corn. We had a nature study when we went home. We painted a picture. I painted a picture of a nut and a piece of my grass. Then, we went to Brayden's house and we made traps for the giants. We were patending that one of his playsets was keep on blowing up. We put sticks by it, but then we patend the sticks shot out canons. There were so many giants, we patended that we had a giant chief, a giant president and giant president's wife."
- narrated by CH

I saw acorn and pine cone. I picked nuts, I climbed tree. That what I did. It was big tree.
-narrated by little E

4 comments:

  1. BTW about frugality...do you use homemade laundry detergent? It will save you alot of money. If you don't already I posted a recipe here http://deerunschoolhouse.blogspot.com/2009/02/homemade-laundry-detergent.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. so much fun! Did Carlie start saying "beary" from HG? She says it cause of Strawberry Shortcake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog! Just found it after reading on Amy Hall's blog. We are homeschooling too (2nd and 6th grades). We started last year. I love it, and am always looking for new fun ideas of things to do to teach them! Looks like you all have a lot of fun together. We do read alouds too. My husband, John, read Because of Winn Dixie aloud for extra practice for his Toastmasters group and the kids and I loved it! I am also totally with you on the money saving techniques. We are going through Dave Ramsey for the second time, and I know I can still learn more! I am getting into coupons, but the last time I went to the store, I left the at home. :o) It was fun to get a little glimpse into your lives!

    ReplyDelete