Tuesday, December 1, 2009

They're here!!

I am so excited to finally receive my new order of cloth diapers in the mail!! Yes, I took the plunge and made the change to cloth! Here was my "ah- hah" moment. A few weeks ago I made a quick trip our faithful Dollar General (faithful, because they bail me out often with their essentials like bread, butter, jelly and of coarse, diapers!). I was out of both diapers and pull-ups for Baby W and Little E. I used to buy the Target brand diapers and was fairly pleased with them, but they leak at night and give Baby a rash for some reason, so I have resorted to purchasing my ever true Luvs for baby and made the switch to Pull-ups for Little E for nigh time. It didn't take me long - actually, 8 years of having kids and just now having an "ah-hah" moment might actually be considered a long time - but, I finally realized that I am literally throwing money in the trash every time I use disposable diapers. They are on for a few hours most of the time and the majority of the activity that goes on while in those diapers is just wetting, not a lot of dirtying.


So, I came home with my diapers in hand and wheels turning in my head. I wanted to go with cloth when Baby was born, but my right-hand Man said he would have no part in changing cloth diapers, so I opted to keep my right-hand Man in the game and stick with the waste-of-money disposable diapers. Well, I found an incredible deal on Ebay that I could not pass up! I bought 12 pocket diapers with 24 inserts for $80! All new and looked like the expensive ones, so I thought I would give it a try. It couldn't hurt, really. I spend almost that much in one month on disposables, so all I have to do is make it 2 months to have saved us money!


So, the diapers arrived today and both Baby W and Little E are trying them out right now during nap time! Hoping I don't have to change any sheets when they wake up!!

2 comments:

  1. they look really cute! :) Glad you got them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! We love our cloth diapers! It's hard to take the initial plunge, but the investment will pay off...and they look so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete