Monday, October 25, 2010

Good and Perfect Gifts!

holy experience


Today is Monday and the whole month has been proven to be a busy one as expected! As we we have celebrated 3 birthdays in our immediate family plus my sister's birthday yesterday, God has gently reminded me that these lives, and all the other precious lives in my circle and yours, are all His good and perfect gifts to us. Especially children! God's Word has told us that "children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb is a reward." Ps.127:3 Our culture and the world at large tells us that children are a burden, a financial hardship, maybe a noisy nuisance.

I watched a sweet friend bury a baby that never had the chance to breathe life in this fallen world. She has 5 lively children, just like mine, and this 6th baby could have been seen as a burden to the family, a financial risk, or just another mouth to feed. But my dear friend has chosen to ignore the folly of the world and considered it an honor even to carry this child in her womb for the short 5 months that she did. Thank you, Ashley, for living out your faith for us to see!

And now, it's our turn! I have been on a mission for some time now to weed out the falsehoods that this fallen world has planted in my heart and head. My list today is focusing on the blessings and perfect gifts that my Father has given me.

255. an excellent job for my husband that provides an abundance of food for our family
"As for every man to whom God has given riches and wealth, and given him power to eat of it, to receive his heritage and rejoice in his labor--this is the gift of God." Ecc. 5:19

256. The gift of eternal life in heaven is for those who turn from sin and earnestly seek God.
"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 6:23

257. Salvation - I know this is a gift that I could never earn or deserve, but was freely given to me!
"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God." Ephesians 2:8

258. The gifts of the Holy Spirit - I believe the Holy Spirit has blessed me with the gift of discernment. I am passionate about issues that bend toward conforming to the world, but have to stop and say "Thank you, Lord for putting this gift and vision and desire for holiness inside of me!" It is not of me, but from Him! Which is why I have this burning desire to share with you all my convictions that I believe God has graciously laid on my heart! Expect more to follow!
"As each one has received a gift, minister it to one another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God." I Peter 4:10

259. I am rebuking the spirit of fear this morning and accepting His gift of love to manifest inside of me.
"For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind." II Timothy 1:7

260. Jesus Christ! The most perfect gift God could give us! I don't seek Him like a precious treasure or priceless jewel. Lord, please pour out your grace and forgiveness on me for seeking the pleasures and treasure of this world far more that I seek your Son, your face, your acceptance.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. " John 3:16

261. The Holy Spirit!
"Now He who establishes us with you in Christ and has anointed us is God, who also has sealed us and given us the Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee. " II Corinthians 1:21-21

262. The right to bear His name and be His child!
"But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name" John 1:12

263. The peace of God that surpasses all understanding!
"Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." John 14:27

264. The power to grow in godliness
"His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue." II Peter 1:3
I know this list is not complete!! You can help me add to it by leaving your Bible Truth with God's gift in the "Comment" section!

4 comments:

  1. Visiting from the gratitude community-and enjoying my journey!

    Lovely bits of grace, all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just am visiting here from the gratitude community and I just love your list!! I was thinking of doing one similar soon and then I read yours. Neat! :)

    Enjoyed my visit and I hope to be back! Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting here from Ann's blog...you are right on, sister! Amen and amen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for popping on my blog (and leaving a footprint)! In answer to your question: the catechism cds were bought through Veritas Press (veritaspress.com) and called the Westminster Shorter Catechism Songs.

    ReplyDelete