I'm not sure if I have ever confessed on here that I really don't like to cook. I can bake any day, but I'm not too fond of the whole planning and cooking meals part of my job! Maybe it's because I am just now learning how to cook or maybe it's because I would be content to eat spagetti or cereal every night, but for whatever reason I seriously struggle in this department! Mostly, I feel unprepared when meal time rolls around because I have not planned or shopped accordingly. Now that the kids are in school, my biggest problem has been the breakfast meal. My kids don't really care for cereal, which I'm okay with since it doesn't really fill their bellies anyway, and they really get tired of oatmeal. So, my solution has been to have 7 breakfast meals that I know we will eat every week. This way, there is really no planning on my part! I just know when I go to the store that I have to have all of the folling to make it through the week! It goes something like this:
Monday: Banana Nut Muffins (These I usually make and freeze)
Tuesday: Turkey bacon, eggs, cinnamon toast (Did you know you can freeze cooked bacon also!)
Wednesday: oatmeal
Thursday: Smoothie and toast (My smoothies include: banana, frozen fruit like blueberries and strawberries, fresh spinach, greek yogurt, and OJ for the liquid)
Friday: Yogurt and a banana
Saturday: pancakes and fruit
Sunday: cinnamon rolls
Now, if I could just get motivated to plan and shop for our dinner meals!
No comments:
Post a Comment