Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Peace

One of my children has recently picked up on all the little girls wearing "peace" clothes and throwing the "peace" sign with their fingers. As she has started to imitate this re-emerging fad among the young and old alike, it made me want to learn more about the meaning of these symbols. I can remember as a child, my mom telling me that the peace symbol was really a broken cross upside down, but that was all I could remember. So, I decided to do a little research to give my brain a refresher course. Here is what I came up with. Click HERE to read and see what you think. It's time we start using discernment as parents and teaching our children to do the same.

"Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good."
Romans 12:9

1 comment:

  1. My dad had told me that in high school when it made it's comeback and from then on, I've not purchased anything with it on there. It's hard not to, because it seems to be everywhere!! Glad you have the same sentiment. btw, your "about me" still says you have 4 kiddos. :)

    ReplyDelete