As soon as CR left for Kindergarten, Little E was bored, bored, bored! He begged to go to school with the big kids and started telling me "I'm lonely!" GCA started a 3 day/ week Pre-K class this year, but, thankfully, it was full with 12 students!! I love their teacher though and part of me really wanted Little E to be in her class because she is so much fun to be around! We told him that if a position opened up in the class by someone leaving, then we would let him try it out and see if he (and Mommy!) liked it! Well, 2 Fridays ago, a Pre-K family decide to homeschool and a position opened up for Little E to be able to go to school. Now, Mom was certainly not ready for this! As much as I was excited for Little E, I was really sad for me. Most of you know that my older kids started out homeschooling and I envisioned us homeschooling for a long time. It was hard at times, but so well worth all the effort! Then, we moved here to start GCA and all in a years time, I feel a little lost. Lost because my identity has been caught up in the persona of homeschool and stay-at-home mom. That's still who I want to be, but the emotion that I have tied up in that title has been hard to let go off. 

Little E with his teacher Mrs. Suzanne with his Daddy!!

Thankfully, I still have Baby W at home with me and I have ample time to address some of the infant training that I have neglected with a full house - like blanket time! How could I have forgotten how absolutely wonderful this time of boundary play can be! It's still hard letting go, but how thankful I am that my kids LOVE school! And they get to go work with their Daddy! What a huge blessing! In the loud quietness that surrounds me while Baby W naps, I am keeping busy! Busy reminding myself who I really am as a daughter of the Most High, busy cleaning the neglected corners of the house, busy washing, folding and ironing LOADS of uniforms, and busy trying to get my rear in shape after a very long sabbatical!
wow...this post came as a surprise to me.
ReplyDelete