Thursday, April 30, 2009

Did I say rest??

I awoke this morning with a renewed energy and feeling of peace about all of our life changes. I went for a long walk at 6:30 am, spent some good time praising God through song ,took a short nap and even worked on sewing a dress today! Then I got a phone call from Robbie . . .

Let me back up and tell you about my discovery last week before I tell you about today. Robbie is always gracious enough to "experience" the pains of pregnancy along with me. He has always gained weight with me, gets aches and pains in his body, and this time he has even been getting up several times at night to empty his bladder! He actually wakes me up! So, last week I noticed that his belly button was protruding like mine is! I mentioned it to him jokingly thinking his stomach had just gotten big like mine which would cause it to stick out. Well, he started to complain about it hurting and feeling swollen. My response was , "of coarse it is, so is mine!" So, today, my sympathetic husband says he really is hurting and needs to go see a doctor. His symptoms - pain shooting up to his arm and down to his leg and hot sweats. Still feeling no sympathy, I laughed and said you better not come home needing surgery! Not long later he calls to explain that he has a hernia and will need surgery to repair it! No lifting for him anytime soon - how can that be possible?? Now it is time for a little research to see what we can do about it. I think the obvious answer is that nothing major will be done before baby arrives!

Yesterday, this news would have put me in tears, but today I am feeling the peace of God that surpasses all understanding! What a pair we make!!

"Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you."
I Peter 5:7

1 comment:

  1. The hits just keep coming! But God is gracious and will be glorified in this! May He receive abundant glory from this!

    ReplyDelete