"School" - in the formal sense - is winidng down for us. Hopefully, this will allow us loads of time to enjoy the outdoors and dive into some fun projects for the summer. BTW, we ended up eating our eggs that we had hoped to hatch! Robbie was not up for the science project right now, and with good reason, since he would have been the one to take care of the them, me and 5 kids!! No, #5 has not arrived yet. We are officially due tomorrow and have had no movement from baby yet. I am thankful though, because this week has been a tough one on my emotions. I like to think that I don't stress over many things and am usually fairly easy-going. For some reason ( I won't name my excuses!), I am struggling with anxiousness and resting in the Lord as we await our move, sell of the house, new job and baby arrival (I think I just gave my reasons!!) Before Christmas I was reading
Respectable Sins: Confronting the Sins We Tolerate
, but never finished it. I picked it back up this week and, naturally, I left off on the chapter of worry, anxiousness and frustration! God certainly knew that I needed an extra dose of Scriptures reminding me that God is taking care of me and that He will carry my burdens for me! I am reciting Scripture and singing Scripture songs whenever my fears and emotions threaten to take over my mind, which has been often these past few days! I am ever so thankful that God is in control my life and not me!!!
Here are some of the things we have been working on at home.
The girls have been learning Psalm 23 and have memorized up to verse 5. I am amazed at what the boys learn just from listening to the girls practice. Today I found Little E "reading" a Spanish/ English dictionary, which he thought was a Bible! He was pretending to read what he knows of Psalm 23!
We have also tried to learn more hymns during our morning devotion time. Robbie has been teaching the kids about prayer and how we should pray, so last week we began working on "How Great Thou Art" to help the kids think about why God is so great! Robbie said I should have edited the video before we got to the chorus, but I thought it would make for great memories one day!! Don't laugh - remember we were working on praying, not our singing ability!!
Since we are trying to stay outside ALL day in order to keep the house clean and ready for showings, we took our art outside today. This was our rendition of "string painting" - thanks to Amy for the idea!
Sweet videos!! And I love the singing! :)
ReplyDelete