Monday, February 1, 2010

Chicken Coop for a Queen!

When Robbie and I married he was living in a 2 car garage that he had converted into an efficiency apartment. That's the nice way of putting it! The garage was part of a 4-plex. He renovated an old building and made it into 3 apartments and rented those out to Bubba, Bubba and Larry! We lived in the "nice" apartment!! Since then, the only thing I can remember Robbie building has been a dog house in our first year of marriage. He has painted endlessly through all of our houses and tiled just about as much, but no building projects until now!


I tried to encourage him to buy a new shed from Lowe's that was on clearance so that he wouldn't waste all of his time building something. Something in his ego was wounded by that suggestion which made him all the more determined to build something special for our small flock of chickens! I have to admitt that I have loved seeing him so happy building something with his hands! He has enjoyed every minute of it, even while working in freezing temperatures, freezing rain, snow and ice! By the looks of the inside, we are officially ready for more chickens to move in!

1 comment: