Monday, February 22, 2010

Spring is in the air . . .

and I am so thankful! As selfish as it sounds, I think my God knew I desperately needed this warm spell to renew me and to remind me that I really do enjoy life on this country farm! What a relief it was to walk outside for morning chores wearing shortsleeves when just a few days ago we were in the teens! We spent the whole weekend outside loving life again! Mom came up for a visit and experienced her first time to drive a 4-wheeler! She loved it, as was evident by her constant screams going up and over hills!

We rode to one of the creeks and the kids splashed around in the cold water like it was summer!









And, finally, we added to our herd of goats! What started out as a need for goat milk has turned into . . . I'm not sure yet what it has turned into. But, this is Mirage - we are calling her Mira for short since I don't like her name! She is due to kid in a week or two, which means milk will come soon and lots of work to be done now! If you haven't noticed yet, Robbie and I are both impulsive, sper of the moment kind of people. I'm just thankful we are both that way, otherwise we would drive each other CRAZY! But, since we are both so much alike, we just laugh and have fun in the midst of the craziness!



2 comments:

  1. Can't believe you are about to help give birth to some kid goats. Have fun with that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MV has gotten so tall!!! I miss y'all so much!!!

    ReplyDelete