Baby W is in need of a little extra milk these days. Mommy's milk is steady but not sufficient; hence, the reason for Ugly Betty! Ugly Betty is a pregnant Nubian who is due to kid in March as best we can tell. Now, obviously, we can't tell because we are ignorant to the whole goat world, but we have been told she should kid in March, maybe April. I like the spotted Nubians and think Ugly Betty might be a Pretty Betty one day, but right now she is malnourished and sickly looking. Leave it to us to get a sick goat!! She really isn't sick, but wasn't fed regularly where she came from so we kind of rescured her. She sure isn't as cute as our little girls, but maybe with a little TLC she can put on some weight and grow a healthy coat to make her look a little better!
As we were driving to pick her up yesterday, I looked at Robbie and said, "You know we aren't normal, don't you?". He agreed but at least we are both up for a little, or a lot, of adventure and enjoy doing it together! To let you know just how crazy we are here is a small window into our world.
As we were driving to pick her up yesterday, I looked at Robbie and said, "You know we aren't normal, don't you?". He agreed but at least we are both up for a little, or a lot, of adventure and enjoy doing it together! To let you know just how crazy we are here is a small window into our world.
Monday, Robbie traveled out of town to pick up some wholesale items for our "side" business. This tiny house now has boxes of "stuff" everywhere! On his way back, he stopped by a mini farm and picked up 40 blueberry bushes! Where are we going to plant them? I'm sure trusting God to have us a place of our own where the bushes and us can plant some roots!!

We currently have 4 chickens, 3 goats, 7 cows and 1 dog. We are suppoded to get a buckling (baby boy goat) from the same people we bought the girls from. He should be born in March or April, if 1 of the 2 pregnant goats have a boy. We are also supposed to get another mama goat in milk this spring. She is supposed to kid in March and be ready by April. Saturday, we are picking up 20 week old chicks to raise in a brooder and we are contemplating buying a Jersey heifer calf to raise until breeding age and then sell her. Think we are crazy yet?
y'all's really will be the place all the kids wanna go to!
ReplyDeleteI love it! In fact, I told John on our way home from Christmas travels that I want to live on a farm and have farm animals and a garden. He loves the idea, as he grew up on a farm, so we have done some researching and lots of talking about it. The funny thing is, every time we talk about it, I see an update on your blog that is very similar to what we want to do one day! So, I don't think you are crazy, I think you're fun and adventurous! :o)
ReplyDeleteYou have way surpassed us!! We must be taking very baby steps over here at our house. I'm way impressed!! Wonder how big that summer garden will be??
ReplyDelete