Sunday, September 26, 2010

holy experience


230. Fun weekend spent with Grandparents!


231. Fun Friday night with the family worshipping the Lord at Focus on the Family's Family Fight Night


232. A Saturday night with the girls enjoying Like Dandelion Dust

233. and the Cheesecake Factory! BTW, I don't like cheesecake at all but their Godovia Chocolate Brownie with ice cream was incrediblely delicious!

234. A Sunday worship service in a little country church - we decided to visit a tiny church right around the corner from us yesterday. We were a bit tentative to visit since we would obviously stand out in the congregation of about 60 or 70. But it was good for the following reasons . . .

235. Worship with no instruments or "worship team" to distract us - refreshing!

236. Hymnals!! How I have missed reading music and holding a hymnal in church!

237. And Bibles in the pews! This used to be normal to open up your Bibles, but now I think the churches assume we are "Bible illiterate" and kindly provide the passage on a big screen or a handout for us! I'm not complaining - I enjoy both!!

238. No big and loud entertainment agenda

239. Just a man preaching the Word of God

240. And a congregation that were genuinely friendly - this is sadly a rarity on the church visiting circuit these days.

241. People who look different than us. It sure reveals the sin issues of judgementalism inside my wicked heart

No comments:

Post a Comment