When Robbie and I first started dating, way back 11 years ago, he was full swing into coaching. Actually, if we go back a little further to the time Robbie and I first met, he was coaching. Our first meeting was the summer of my Sophomore year of high school. No surprise to most of you that, yes, my husband was once, long ago my high school track coach! No funny business back then, of coarse, even though I know he was in love the first time he saw me! He has coached most every sport from basketball to volleyball, football to soccer and, his favorite, cross country and track. As he moved up the administrative ladder in education, he had to leave his love of coaching behind and spend most ball games taming the crowd of parents or solving "opportunities" with rowdy students, as he likes to call them!
We took a break from education for one year and then moved here to help start GCA, which had no athletics last year. Wow! We have spent 2 years outside of the crazy world of sports and I am so excited to say that we are finally back in! And with Robbie coaching! Now, I know this probably won't last long, and I am sure I wouldn't want it to; but, I am so glad that he gets to coach cross country this year for the middle school kids! It's a short season and doesn't require long hours on his part (which is great for the rest of the family!) and the team is small, but he loves it! Or, maybe it's me that loves it so much! I can really get into all the excitement of the meets and practices! Here's a glimpse of the first ever GCA Cross Country Meet! Way to go guys and gals! (Thanks to Cassie for the pictures!)
No comments:
Post a Comment