Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Some Girl Time!

My girls love spending time cooking in the kitchen and have gotten to where they can make their own breakfast, lunch and sometimes dinner! What a help it is to have MV make oatmeal for all the kids in the mornings or for CH to make our sandwiches for lunch! I sure takes extra time to let them help in the kitchen, but I am beginning to see the payoffs for it! Sunday was deemed a bread day this week and the girls spent the afternoon helping me grind grain for flour and making bread for the week. No, we don't have homemade bread every week. In fact, I have only made it a handful of times this summer. But, it sure is good and I hope to start making it more often again!

Here the girls are helping make some yummy Banana Nut Bread! We usually wear our Aunt Jemima bandannas just in case we have enough to give away. My plan was to make extra for every one's teachers, but the sandwich bread didn't rise pretty enough for gift giving this time! Guess there's always next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment