Well, this past Saturday MV gave us a wonderful surprise! She didn't come in our room like her sister and brothers did. In fact, it wasn't even until the youngins were upstairs sitting quietly in front of Old Yeller that I heard the noise in the kitchen. Lots of noise in the kitchen, that is! I knew exactly what it was without even lifting my sleepy head from my cozy pillow! What I heard was dishes clanging and doors and drawers opening and closing. I listened for a few minutes before quickly jumping out of bed to take a picture of her unloading and loading the dishwasher with no prompting from me!! Oh what a wonderful sight to see - even on my morning to be lazy!

The next morning was Sunday. And though it comes around once every week, we still act ill-prepared for the chaos that unravels in the hour or two leading up to our departure for church. On this Sunday morning, MV came in while I was getting made up to ask if she could make breakfast for us all! Of course you can! This wasn't an unusual request, as she loves to make breakfast, but it sure was helpful on this particular morning! I have to give her the credit for us making it to Sunday School on time! What a good little homemaker she is becoming!!
No comments:
Post a Comment