Thursday, September 2, 2010

Feelin' a Little . . .

I'm feeling a bit uneasy, yet so very thankful this morning. Kind of like I had my breath knocked out me and my heart stopped beating as the reality of our "almost dangerous" crash sets in, but still able to come up for a loud and heart-felt "Thank you, Jesus!". Here's the low down, retold much better in pictures than in words.

THIS . . . IS DANGEROUS




ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU HAVE THIS . . .

BUT DON'T WEAR IT.

I was out in the field when I heard 2 cousins yelling as they were running towards me. MV had driven the 4-wheeler off the levee into the water. What? How could that happen? Was she okay? They assured me she was, but that the 4-wheeler was buried in the muddy water. I was trying not to have a mommy freak-out moment here and my heart eased a little when I saw with my own eyes that my precious MV was alright. She was a dirty mess from the water and has a few bruises along with a sore neck, but she's okay. Shaken up, but okay.



Here's where she went off . . .


She was with an adult and the throttle was set down low so that she was driving very slowly. But quite obviously accidents still happen. I probably live in a bit of a bubble where I feel like we are immune to the dangers around us, but I think my bubble was popped yesterday and my eyes are open now. This was very dangerous. We took several precautions to make it a safe ride for the kids, but could have taken several more to make sure they were safer. Lesson learned.

And in case you were wondering, the 4-wheeler was fine too. Robbie and Dad were able to get it out of the water with a chain and a tractor and it still runs fine. That is until it fell of the trailer in the middle of the road on the way home! If it could survive the plunge into the water, I think it can survive a little road burn!

3 comments:

  1. YIKES!!! Praise God for His protection!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the "with an adult"! :) I'm so glad she wasn't hurt. and the pic of the part she flew off of didn't do it justice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Dabney. I am so glad that this turned out the way it did for you. I watched a 12 year old die in the same manner several years ago. (My kids will never ever ride a 4 wheeler as a result!)

    Praising God for his angels.

    So glad everyone is OK!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete